FIRE BLANKET Specification: As per IS- 15381
1) Scope: This standard covers the requirements of material, manufacture and other requirements of Fire Blanket, 1.8 M X 1.8 M
2) Material: The blanket shall be manufactured from the following materials coming to the particulars noted against each
3) Manufacture :
01- The blanket shall be made from a single piece of cloth asbestos. If the cloth asbestos of the required width is not available, the body of the blanket may be made by joining two pieces of asbestos cloth ( 0.08 M smaller width) by means of a 25 mm wide lapped seam as shown . The joint shall be stitched and two rows of blanket shall be finished with a 25 mm wide hem at the sides with the raw edges turned in and stitched.
02- Two loops, each 25 mm wide, shall be made from tape asbestos, alternatively, these shall be made by turning in the raw edges of 70 mm of asbestos cloth (body materials) cut warp wise and by folding in the middle and top stitching the-folded piece with two rows of machine stitching. The loops shall be sewn on to any one of the sides of the blanket body. One of the loops shall be stitched at 630 mm from one comer and the other at same distance from the other comer. The total length of the strip for each loop shall be 760 mm of which 460 mm shall form the loop.
03- Stitching shall be done neatly and securely with even tension, regulated at 16 to 20 stitches per decimeter. All loose ends shall be securely fastened off,
4) DIMENSIONS AND TOLERANCES: The blanket shall conform to the dimensions. A tolerance of + 15 mm is permissible in length and width of the blanket.
5) WORKMANSHIP AND FINISH :- The blanket shall be reasonably free from spinning,weaving and stitching defects and effect in workmanship consistent with good manufacturing practice.
6) SAFETY RULES :- The recommendation for personal protection for control of emission of asbestos dust in premises used for manufacture of asbestos fire blanket as laid down in 1S11451, IS 11767, IS 11768, 1S 11770 (Part 3), IS 12078, IS 12079 and IS 12080.
7) SAMPLING :- The sampling, inspection and acceptance shall be in accordance with IS 7639.
8) MARKING :- 1- Each blanket shall be legibly and indelibly marked with the following information:
1) Manufacturer’s name,
2) Year of manufacture
|Design Standard (General Reference)||IS 15381|
|Size||1.80m x 1.80m - (6’ x 6’)|